Monday, October 01, 2007

fasting

Our pastor called for a time of prayer and fasting last week. Since some evils only come out by prayer and fasting, it is a good thing to do.

One of the things I noticed was that my body continued to produce solid output even though I only had liquid input, and this continued the entire week.

My conclusion: I am full of crap. Maybe that is one of the best things I could have learned from this time of doing without.

I think that what I say is good and helpful to people because it is my gift from the Lord. But I need to temper that emotion with the reality that I am full of crap.

When you read my words remember that I am so full of crap. The Bible word for crap is dung.

Philippians iii. 7–10

“Howbeit what things were gain to me, these have I counted loss for Christ. Yea verily, and I counted all things to be loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may gain Christ and be found in Him, not having a righteousness of mine own, even that which is of the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is of God.”

Psalm 113

1Hallelujah! Praise, ye servants of Jehovah, praise the name of Jehovah. 2Blessed be the name of Jehovah, from this time forth and for evermore! 3From the rising of the sun unto the going down of the same, let Jehovah`s name be praised. 4Jehovah is high above all nations, his glory above the heavens. 5Who is like unto Jehovah our God, who hath placed his dwelling on high; 6Who humbleth himself to look on the heavens and on the earth? 7He raiseth up the poor out of the dust; from the dung-hill he lifteth up the needy, 8To set [him] among nobles, among the nobles of his people. 9He maketh the barren woman to keep house, [as] a joyful mother of sons. Hallelujah!

No comments: